Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Finally...The Delivery

Well, as most of you know having a baby changes everything. We have been so busy from the minute my water broke on April 2 at 4:00 a.m. Jeff and I had been praying the whole week that my water would break because I did not want to have to be induced on Tuesday, April 6th. Well, praying for my water to break was not the prayer that we should have been praying. Just because my water broke on its own did not mean that Mollie would be here any time soon. But after spending 9 hours in the hospital the Sunday before, I was determined I was not going back unless I was in labor.

So, starting this story from the beginning (for those of you who care) Ha!... Sunday, March 28th I woke up with really hard contractions. After a couple of hours with the contractions continuing Jeff decided to start tracking them because Dr. Martin said to call if the contractions were a couple of minutes apart. Well, they were 2-3 minutes apart so we called the hospital and they said come on in. We loaded the car and headed to the hospital thinking this must be it! We were so excited about finally meeting our sweet baby. Jeff called my parents and they met us at the hospital where we stayed for 9 HOURS! The contractions continued to be strong and I was still only 1 cm dialiated so they said it was not time to meet baby Mollie so we went back home, but left the car packed just in case.

On Friday, April 2nd I woke up to my water breaking! Wow, was that an experience! I knew that just because my water broke that did not mean we needed to rush to the hospital. So, we both took showers and then headed to the hospital. At this point, I wasn't having many contractions. After getting to the hospital, the nurses hooked me up to all the machines and they told us this time we would not be leaving the hospital without our sweet baby girl. The nurses checked me and said that my water had broke, but that I was still only 1cm dialiated. The next step was to start me on the drip to help me dialiate. After a couple of hours on the drip, I still had not gotten any further so the next step was a pill that would help me "thin out". After allowing 4 hours for the pill to work because I had to have 2 rounds on the pill they started me back on the drip. At this point it was well into Friday night and I had not had anything to eat since Thursday night at supper! Jeff had not had anything to eat either because he said that he was going to fast with me, but I finally convinced him to go with my Dad and get something to eat because who knew when I would get to eat again. During the night, my heart rate elevated so they had to put me on Oxygen and then the Oxygen made Mollie's heart rate elevate. So, they took me off everything and finally gave my the epideral at 1:00 am Saturday morning. After continuing to be checked over and over I still had not progressed any! Finally at 7:00 am Saturday morning Dr. Williams decided that I would have to have a C-Section. We were all TERRIFIED, but also relieved that we would finally be meeting Mollie because at this point Jeff, Dad, Mom, nor I had slept in over 24 hours! So, Jeff suited up and at 8:00 am we headed to the OR. Mollie arrived at 8:39 am and was 8lb 1oz and 19 inches long.



No comments: